Second Place Isn’t Always Bad

I am on a travel hockey team and that means we sometimes travel out of the area for tournaments.  It’s always fun traveling with my team even if we drive separately we still hang out all weekend between games and stay at the same hotel!  A few weeks ago, my team traveled to Notre Dame in South Bend, Indiana for a tournament.  Notre Dame is a cool place, the campus is great and the people there are nice.  I love traveling because we often get to play on college campuses.  It’s cool to see the schools and my friends and I always joke that we’ll go to that college one day.  Traveling for hockey isn’t always serious and the little things we do are usually some of the best parts of our trip!  On this trip we saw the Notre Dame game, toured campus and toured a chocolate factory!

For this tournament, I had to leave school early to get there in time for our Friday night game.  It was a long trip and I was almost late, but I made it and our team won our first game!  After our game on Friday night, our team went to a Notre Dame hockey game!  It was fun!  Watching Notre Dame play was cool but hanging out with my teammates and acting crazy is what I will remember from that night!

My team played well on Saturday and won!  We won our first two games with no problem!  We tied our 3rd game but we were the only team that was undefeated, so we made it to the semi-finals on Sunday!!  Our semi-final game was at 7am!  It was crazy early, and our team was tired but somehow, we managed a win.  Moving on to the finals was exciting!  Unfortunately, Notre Dame needed their rink for another game so the finals for the tournament ended up being an hour south at Culver Academy.  It’s a private military boarding high school.  The campus was so nice.  All the parents kept saying it was nicer than most college campuses.  Our final game started at noon. We thought we had the game in the bag, but the other team played harder, faster, and beat us.  It was disappointing!  We should have beat that team!  We beat them on Saturday easily and they beat us in the finals by 4 goals!!  It sucked to lose and by so much but overall the weekend was fun!  I can’t wait for our next trip – Cleveland!

Photo by: Megan Bray

Notre Dame Hockey  Photo by: Me!

Culver Hockey

note dame hockey

usa hockey

buckeyetravelhockey